Monday, September 1, 2014

First Weeks

I can hear you all now. "You're a terrible teacher blogger." I'm sorry! It's been weeks and weeks and everybody else has been posting pictures and crafts and stories about things going on in their adorable, organized, well-managed classrooms and what do I have to show for the past two months of manual labor? Well, not much. But I'm working on it. I started my first year of teaching last October, so this is my first time teaching the beginning of the year and there have been so many days I wished I could add "Community Cry" time into my schedule so me and the kids could just sit on the floor together and wail about whatever is bothering us. Also, I started grad school classes last week. And this weekend was Dragon Con in Atlanta. So hopefully I will get better at this and post more often and add lovely pictures and all that stuff. I really want to come back to this post and add some pictures, but right now I just want to have SOMETHING posted so people don't think I have just totally abandoned this blog. I promise I have not. And I know you will all agree with me that if I had to detract from health/sanity, teaching ability, grad school grades, or blogging frequency, the last one would be the unfortunate winner there. I thrive on routine, and I just don't have one yet. But if you were in my class, I'd let you all move your clip up to pink and go to Treasure Box for being so patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment